The Elite Checking Account is a tiered interest-earning account1. It’s a great option if you carry higher balances and want to earn additional interest on your money. Enjoy features such as online banking, free mobile check deposit4, account alerts3, and access over 70 physical Academy Bank locations. Additional Elite Checking Account benefits include free cashiers checks, money orders and special loan discounts.
Earn interest from #elite_checking_apy1% up to #elite_checking_apy4% APY1 depending on your balance
Special loan discounts, including a mortgage closing cost discount ($250), auto loan rate discount (0.25%), and personal loan rate discount (0.25%)
Digital Banking with Bill Pay
Mobile Banking with account alerts3
Free mobile check deposit4
Free cashiers checks, money orders, and standard checks
Free Visa® debit card with EMV chip technology
Over 70 locations, including branches inside Walmart with weekend and evening hours
We offer Overdraft Alternatives such as linking to a savings account or an overdraft line of credit.
Eligible for Savings Cents - round up your debit card purchases automatically and put the change in your savings
Elite Checking Account Rates
|Account Balance||Annual Percentage Yield¹|
|$25 - $10,000||#elite_checking_apy1%|
|$10,000.01 - $25,000||#elite_checking_apy2%|
|$25,000.01 - $50,000||#elite_checking_apy3%|
What You Need to Know
- There is a $25 opening balance requirement on Elite checking accounts.
- No monthly service charge when you meet one of the following requirements each statement cycle:
- Maintain a daily balance of $5,000 per monthly statement cycle
- Or maintain an average balance of $10,000 per monthly statement cycle
- Otherwise, a monthly service charge of $15 applies.
- You can receive free e.Statements or free paper statements with an Academy Bank Elite checking account.
- Closing new accounts within 90 days of opening will result in a $20 early closure fee.