Build Credit like a BOSS!
- Help improve your credit score
- No credit history or minimum credit score required
- No application fee
- No annual fee
- Automatic reporting to 3 major credit bureaus
Now’s the time to take charge of your credit score. Build a foundation that will set you up for more yeses than nos. Academy Bank’s Credit Builder Secured Visa® Credit Card is designed to do just that.
With a deposit as low as $300 into a Credit Builder Savings Account, you are securing the line of credit for your card. Use your Credit Builder Secured Card for everyday purchases up to your deposit limit. Then pay off your credit card bill each month. Monthly reporting of on-time, consistent payment patterns to all three major credit bureaus will help improve your credit score.
What You Need to Know
- Set your credit limit between $300 and $3,000 based on the amount you deposit into your Credit Builder Savings Account (required).
- Add to your credit line in $50 increments.
- Enroll in Visa® Secure Remote Commerce to protect your online transactions.
- Features a 25.99% annual percentage rate (APR) (View rates and fees).
- Enroll in eStatements to save a $5 quarterly paper statement fee.
- Increase your credit limit by adding $50 increments to the Credit Builder Savings Account
Subject to credit approval. Improved credit score is not guaranteed. Credit score is determined by credit reporting agencies based on multiple factors, but satisfactory performance on a credit card product can improve your credit score. Default on a credit card, including missed or late payments can damage your credit score. Once added, funds cannot be withdrawn from the Credit Builder Savings account and the Credit Builder credit card without closing the savings account and the credit card.
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, U.S. Federal Law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. As you open an account, we will ask you for your name, address, date of birth and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents. Legal Entities may be required to certify ownership and managerial control information.