The Student Checking Account is designed for students under 23 years old. Take advantage of features such as free online banking & free mobile check deposit2, account alerts1, and access over 70 Academy Bank locations. If you are a full-time student, take advantage of our checking account offer today!
Digital Banking with account alerts
Free Mobile Check Deposit2
Free Visa® debit card with EMV chip technology
Over 70 locations, including branches inside Walmart with weekend and evening hours
We offer Overdraft Alternatives such as linking to a savings account or an overdraft line of credit.
Eligible for Savings Cents - round up your debit card purchases automatically and put the change in your savings
What You Need to Know
- There is a $25 opening balance requirement on student checking accounts.
- To qualify for an Academy Bank student checking account, you must be a full-time student under 23 years old who is enrolled in a high school, college, university, or vocational program.
- Converts to Simple Checking at age 23.
- No monthly service charge when you meet all of the following requirements each statement cycle:
- Enrolled in Digital Banking
- Signed up for e.Statements
- Otherwise, a monthly service charge of $5 applies.
- You can receive free e.Statements or $5 paper statements with this account.
- Closing new accounts within 90 days of opening will result in a $20 early closure fee.