- Faster delivery than a paper statement that is mailed
- Reduce the risk of mail fraud and protects against identity theft caused from paper statements.
- Reduce the clutter of excess paper (environmentally friendly)
No, e.Statements contain all the same information as your paper statement.
No, e.Statements are free.
To print an e.Statement, use your web browser's print function. If you have saved the e.Statement to your computer, you can print directly from the Acrobat Reader toolbar.
Log into Online Banking and select your account. Click the e.Statements button to proceed. For customers with accounts combined to one statement, select the primary account that is listed as the first account on your paper statement.
To save an e.Statement, select the "Save the Copy" icon in Adobe Acrobat Reader software and choose a file name for the statement.
Yes. All your financial information is protected within Online Banking by our Enhanced Online Security.
An email message will be sent to the email address you specify during enrollment following the close of each statement cycle to let you know your statement is available.
There are a few things you can check if you are not receiving notifications:
- Verify that your email address is correct. You can check this in Online Banking under "Mobile & Online Banking Options", and change or update your email address if it is incorrect.
- Make sure that you have added Academy Bank (academybank.com) to your trusted sender's site.
- Contact us for further assistance.
Even if you have not received an email notification from us, you still have the ability to log into Online Banking to view your statements online.
e.Statements will be available at the same frequency as paper statements.
Yes. If you currently receive check images with your paper statement, you will see the check images with your electronic statement.
You will be able to view up to 18 months of your most recent statements.
e.Statements are available for checking accounts, savings accounts, certificates of deposit, and loans.
A combined statement provides your checking and other account activity in a single statement. Account(s) must have the same ownership to be combined.
Yes. Joint owners can view e.Statements as long as they have access to Online Banking.
If one account owner enrolls in Online Banking and receives e.Statements, paper statements will no longer be mailed to any of the account owners.
There are three ways to discontinue e.Statements:
- Log into Online Banking and start a web chat or send us a Secure Mail and request to receive paper statements.
- Call us at (877) 712-2265 and speak to one of our representatives.
- Stop by your local branch.