Responsible for the overall business operations of assigned banking center and provides periodic management support for other banking centers. Banking Center Manager I is responsible for profitable banking center through sales and promotion of bank products to qualified customers, ethical oversight of bank operations adherence to all procedures to minimize losses to the Company, creation of positive environment that provides superior customer experience and associate engagement, and positive leadership of banking center associates in all aspects of banking center operations. Banking Center Manager I is typically assigned to banking center with portfolio of less than 1999 demand deposit accounts and an average of fewer than 2500 monthly transactions.
• Measures and manages sales based on daily / monthly / quarterly / annual budgeted goals
• Markets bank products to target customers inside and outside the banking center by contacting potential customers, businesses, and community and civic organizations to promote goodwill and generate new business; explaining appropriate bank products to target audience; interviewing customers to obtain information and explain available financial services; taking loan applications, quoting rates and closing loans with customers; cross selling new products to current bank customers.
• Implements all banking center procedures and delegates same, as necessary, to ensure profitable and secure business, including conducting regular audits of teller drawers and vault, completing daily imaging, reviewing and approving select transactions to limit bank’s risk, ensuring accurate and timely completion of all logs, confirming operation of video cameras, and timely changing of locks and security access to limit unauthorized access to banking center and all computer programs.
• Ensures customer experience is “fast, easy, and personal” consistent with Company customer service standards.
• Ensures banking center premises constitute a safe work environment that promotes positive bank image, including regular inspection for and remediation of any hazardous conditions; regular maintenance and cleaning of premises; adherence to all posting requirements in jurisdiction, including human resources and compliance postings; and provision of comfortable and appropriate space for associates to conduct banking business.
• Ensures confidentiality of customer and employee information by practicing all security processes; training, coaching, and monitoring associates with respect to confidentiality policies; and ensuring that all physical security measures are in place and functioning properly, including locks, video cameras, computer access, and key access.
• Responsible for knowing, following, and ensuring all banking center associates’ adherence to all bank policies and procedures and applicable state and federal laws. Promotes ethical environment by modeling integrity and requiring ethical behaviors of all associates.
• Supervises banking center staff, including interviewing, hiring, coaching, scheduling, counseling, motivating, training, preparing and delivering performance evaluations, preparing and delivering discipline, and terminating, when appropriate. Will typically supervise a staff of approximately five associates. Conducts regular meetings and provides frequent feedback to associates to develop them and provide a career path for all associates whose performance supports promotion.
• Performs banking transactions during busy times and/or when branch is understaffed, including assisting customers with all types of banking transactions and approving/declining transactions when manager-level review is required.
• Responsible for satisfactory outcome of audits/reviews by Compliance, Internal Audit, Deposit Operations, and other departments or regulatory bodies.
• Understands, embodies, communicates and instills corporate initiatives and vision, including the six pillars of success.
• Maintains client information in complete confidence.
• Completes other specified duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 2+ years banking center experience; experience with DFC banks is preferred
• 1+ years management/supervisory experience
• Sales or networking background preferred; sales and marketing aptitude required
• Proven track record of business development skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Basic math and counting skills
• High emotional intelligence with proven ability to motivate and coach others
• Must be able to multi-task and be comfortable with on-the-job training
• Proficiency with common computer programs (i
- Windows, MS Office, email, etc
• Thorough understanding of retail banking loan and deposit products
• Valid drivers’ license in primary state of residence strongly preferred
• Ability to be NMLS licensed and registered
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled