Provides leadership, mentoring, and supervision to other application and web development associates. Provides service support and service delivery for custom developed applications, bank websites and web content systems. Coordinates the efforts of cross-functional teams made up of business unit, technical staff, and vendors, to accomplish application development and support objectives. Performs business analyst and project management responsibilities when required for projects related to assigned systems. Ensures company and Information Technology policies and guidelines are followed in the performance of assigned duties.
The Application Developer Lead will work with his/her staff to translate business requirements into application code/logic, which will implement the required business functionality. The Application Developer Lead will work closely with other members of Business Solutions to ensure departmental technology standards and industry best practices throughout the application development lifecycle. Additionally, the Application Developer Lead and his/her staff will be expected to create and maintain any technical documentation required to facilitate continued maintenance or enhancement of the application by other developers on the team.
The Application Developer Lead will also be expected to manage all outside vendors where external development efforts are required. This position will be responsible for tracking all work requests, obtaining estimated costs, reviewing estimates with the requesting business unit while monitoring and controlling department expenses. The Lead will be responsible to assign work, monitor performance and set objectives for associates under his/her supervision.
• Interact with business and/or end user community to gather and analyze the technical requirements.
• Lead the Design Phase of the project by providing technical expertise and direction.
• Supervise staff, including interviewing, hiring, coaching, scheduling, counseling, motivating, training, preparing and delivering performance evaluations, preparing and delivering discipline, and terminating, when appropriate. Conducts regular meetings and provides frequent feedback to Associates to develop them professionally.
• Manage delivery of functional and non-functional requirements, including performance, scalability, availability, reliability and security.
• Review the requirements for any new functionality or enhancements with management, assess impact on the project timeline and update the technical documentation for any new requirements which need to be incorporated into the system.
• Be aware of emerging or new technologies/standards in the industry and determine if they are applicable to the project.
• Implement/Document Best Practices.
• Drive system architecture and implementation
o Design, develop and modify software systems
o Oversee and ensure project execution, ongoing success and deliverables
o Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time, scope, and cost constraints
• Communicate cross-functionally throughout the organization
o Confer with systems analysts, Business Analysts, management and others to design systems and to gather information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements, interfaces, and technical feasibility
o Coordinate with Data Center Management on technical resources and dependencies for production push and deadlines
o Coordinate with customer and management to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget
o Report critical information to business owners and across functional groups
• Coordinate quality assurance efforts
o Determine system performance standards in cooperation with the business units and Data Center Management.
o Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
o Develop and direct software system unit testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation
o Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
Consult with customers about software system design and maintenance
• Create technology roadmaps that include software and hardware configuration by engaging in continued education.
o Obtain and evaluate information on factors such as reporting formats required, costs, and security needs to determine software and hardware configuration
o Perform, test, and manage technology upgrades
o Learn new skills as required by the management and leadership teams
• After-hour and weekend work may be required to meet product deadlines, or to address high priority incidents and problems.
• Ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor of Science or equivalent experience in accounting, business administration, computer science, or related field required
• 5+ years experience developing business requirements, estimating work effort and development of test cases, establishing deliverable timelines and maintaining project deadlines
• 5+ years experience managing technical resources, establishing personal and department goals
• Must be very familiar with financial products and services, and bank operations
- Experience with accounting and bank compliance applications preferred
• 5+ years experience designing and implementing outstanding custom applications with technologies such as Adobe ColdFusion, Visual Studio 2003, C#
- NET, ASP
- NET, VB
• Experience developing Business Process Management (BPM) workflows that interface will multiple enterprise systems
• Strong knowledge of the SDLC process and the ability to enhance/manage/promote it
• Must have strong interdisciplinary IT skills and be familiar with IT Service Management and Service Delivery principles
• Basic to advanced project management skills required
• Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled